Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twas a few days before Christmas . . .

. . . and I should have been cleaning and putting things away. I don't even have the tree up yet; if I don't do it soon it won't be worth doing! This will be a quiet Christmas--just two of my close family--but I look forward to seeing two of my very best friends and my aunt too, later this month.


Back to what I should have been doing . . . .
In repacking boxes for storage (the ones that I have to get out of the way in order to make room for afore-mentioned tree), I came across some old videos. Some very old videos. Videos of family gatherings, musical performances, dance recitals. Videos so old they're on video tape.


These videos include the most precious people on earth to me; some are just older now, but some are gone. How amazing to be able to watch them again, to feel their presence and hear their voices, especially their laughter. And look how young and skinny we all are!

Yes, I should be working right now, but I'm not going to feel guilty. I'm feeding my soul.

I hope to post once more before Sunday, but in case I don't: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Here's a couple of videos from members of the best steam punk band ever, Abney Park :)



More Glister info and chapters at the book's website here: theglisterjournals.com

The chapters can also be read here at the top of my Wordpress blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment